The Networking Café brings together a variety of activities to help attendees get connected and get ahead professionally. Wondering about your career options or opportunities for postgraduate study? Want to learn more about SAA’s mentoring program? Want to check your email between sessions? The Networking Café is the place to go! (Ballroom A)
- Wednesday, August 14: 8:00 am 6:00 pm
- Thursday, August 15: 7:00 am 6:00 pm
- Friday, August 16: 7:00 am 6:00 pm
- Saturday, August 17: 7:00 am 10:00 am
Hosted by SAA’s Membership Committee, the Career Center provides services and opportunities for job seekers and employers:
For Job Seekers:
- Post your rsum for prospective employers to see at the meeting.
- Review job announcements and meet with employers.
- Get help polishing your rsum and/or consult with volunteer career advisors. (New in 2013:Attendees were invited to schedule an appointment in advance for consultation with an advisor. The deadline was July 19.)
- Learn about postgraduate programs and professional development opportunities.
View the Career Center Advisor Schedule Archival Education and More
- Post your position announcement(s). Please your announcement(s) on file in the Career Center and expand your applicant pool.
- Meet job seekers and potential employees. Employers who participate in the Career Center will have the chance to meet and speak with job seekers in an informal and relaxed setting.
Information tables are available within the Networking Café for graduate archival education programs and allied organizations to distribute program literature and have representatives answer questions one on one.
Jump online between sessions!
Mentoring Program Meet-and-Greet
Are you seeking guidance on your professional development? Do you want to share your knowledge and experience with a fresh young talent? Stop by the Networking Café and learn about how SAA’s dynamic Mentoring Program can help you make the right connections. (Thursday, 9:30 am 10:00 am